In two weeks, we’ll be in Singapore and Penang for 6 days. I am looking forward to hot weather and eating pork or anything in noodle or dumpling form. Some links I’ve collected from social media friends and the interweb.
Part one of things I need to see in Singapore:
- If a half-lion, half-fish mascot wasn’t making me giddy enough, I’ll get to see the Merlion Hotel installation.
- More arty stuff to see at the Biennale: contraband stuff at the old airport.
- We’ll be staying at Hotel 1929, but I’m hoping to get a tour of the new Wanderlust, which looks adorable but a bit tiny for 2.5 people.
- The zoo is supposed to be aces, plus it has a baby orang, a new sun bear, and a baby sloth!
- The museum of toys has got to be weird and cool, right?
- Eat a “magical satay” at the Chinatown hawker complex.
- Mmm yakitori.
- $30S is a little steep, but the ArtScience museum is supposed to be sweet, plus husband is curious about the Marina Bay Sands’ terrifying swimming pool.
- Go to a crazy big electronics store (Turkey has many Apple resellers but no official store, and an iPad starts at $1k here) and try to think of reasons why we need an iPhone or iPad.
- Buy more pants that fit at Maternity Exchange (what an awesome concept, wish I lived there).
- Free museum hours! After 6pm at National Museum, Friday night 6-9pm at the Art Museum (thanks untraveledworld).
- Go to cheesy-but-potentially-fun Sentosa “beach” on the new monorail.
Some foodie recs from the wonderful Eating Asia:
On to Penang recs next.